APPLYING IS FREE
If you do not have an account, you can Register Now
Login below if you already have an account
Steps to APPLY and SUBMIT BAND/ARTIST ASSETS:
See full list of Rules & Guidelines
- Band/Artist registration by creating a login. Login above if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, you can complete the Jim Beam® National Talent Search Registration form to your right side to become registered.
- Log into your Artist account, which will bring you to the “My Submissions” page (*Note: One Login per Artist submission)
- Complete all required fields and upload files on the “My Submissions” page.
- Five (5) Band/Artists will receive an email from CMW inviting them to participate as a National Finalist by April 30th, 2023, all of whom will be selected soley from virtual submissions via this portal.
We know we have amazingly talented Artists across Canada, so a big ‘Thank you’ to all Bands/Artists that submit themselves. As we receive thousands of submissions, only the selected five (5) National finalists will be contacted.
Perks of applying
- Each National finalist (5 in total) will be offered return airfare and hotel accommodations (for up to 5 people per band) June 5-6, 2023; arranged, managed and paid in full by CMW.
- Each National Finalist band member will automatically receive a complimentary Music Summit Conference delegation registration for the live 2023 Canadian Music Week, including Festival wristband.
- Grand prize winner to be selected LIVE at the Jim Beam® National Talent Search showcase on June 6th, 2023 by a panel of music industry judges.
- The named grand prize winning band/artist will be chosen to perform live at the 2023 Jim Beam® INDIES at HISTORY Toronto during Canadian Music Week 2023.
- Jim Beam® National Talent Search grand prize includes:
- Extended accommodation based on double occupancy (check out date: June 10, 2023), paid for by CMW;
- One (1) Live Performance Masterclass with Tom Jackson (Taylor Swift, Magic!, Shawn Mendes, LeCrae);
- One (1) original song writing session (using original piece already written to re-work or currently in the works) with Shaun Frank (composer for hit song “Closer” by The Chainsmokers and Halsey) at Noble Street Studios;
- One (1) recording session of original song (same song re-worked/written with Shaun Frank on June 7, 2023) at Noble Street Studios with studio engineer David Mohacsi (Alyssa Reid, Three Days Grace, Shaggy, Barenaked Ladies, Summer Walker, etc);
- One (1) feature article in CMW’s ‘Making Noise’ series, interviewed and written by Karen Bliss (Billboard, Rolling stone);
- Long & McQuade prize;
- Canadian Musician prize; and
- One (1) Professional ‘journey’ highlight video to be produced by CMW; capturing all live related CMW/INDIES event content while in Toronto.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTICIPATING NATIONAL SPONSORS:
Jim Beam® National Talent Search Registration
The Jim Beam National Talent Search competition is open to emerging artists and bands who compose and perform original material. Entrants may be either individuals or a group comprised of 2 or more individual members. The entrants must not be signed to a major record label. The competition is not open to directors or employees of the sponsoring stations or competition judges. Entrants must be 19 years or older to be eligible to participate.