APPLYING IS FREE
If you do not have an account, you can Register Now
Login below if you already have an account
Steps to APPLY and SUBMIT BAND/ARTIST ASSETS:
- Band/Artist registration by creating a login. Login above if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, you can complete the Jim Beam® National Talent Search Registration form to your right side to become registered.
- Log into your Artist account, which will bring you to the “My Submissions” page (*Note: One Login per Artist submission)
- Complete all required fields and upload files on the “My Submissions” page.
- Five (5) Band/Artists will receive an email from CMW inviting them to participate as a National Finalist by April 30th, 2023, all of whom will be selected soley from virtual submissions via this portal.
We know we have amazingly talented Artists across Canada, so a big ‘Thank you’ to all Bands/Artists that submit themselves. As we receive thousands of submissions, only the selected five (5) National finalists will be contacted.
Perks of applying
- Each National finalist (5 in total) will be offered return airfare and hotel accommodations (for up to 5 people per band) June 5-6, 2023; arranged, managed and paid in full by CMW.
- Each National Finalist band member will automatically receive a complimentary Music Summit Conference delegation registration for the live 2023 Canadian Music Week, including Festival wristband.
- Grand prize winner to be selected LIVE at the Jim Beam® National Talent Search showcase on June 6th, 2023 by a panel of music industry judges.
- The named grand prize winning band/artist will be chosen to perform live at the 2023 Jim Beam® INDIES at HISTORY Toronto during Canadian Music Week 2023.
- Jim Beam® National Talent Search grand prize includes:
- Extended accommodation based on double occupancy (check out date: June 10, 2023), paid for by CMW;
- One (1) Live Performance Masterclass with Tom Jackson (Taylor Swift, Magic!, Shawn Mendes, LeCrae);
- One (1) original song writing session (using original piece already written to re-work or currently in the works) with Shaun Frank (composer for hit song “Closer” by The Chainsmokers and Halsey) at Noble Street Studios;
- One (1) recording session of original song (same song re-worked/written with Shaun Frank on June 7, 2023) at Noble Street Studios with studio engineer David Mohacsi (Alyssa Reid, Three Days Grace, Shaggy, Barenaked Ladies, Summer Walker, etc);
- One (1) feature article in CMW’s ‘Making Noise’ series, interviewed and written by Karen Bliss (Billboard, Rolling stone);
- Long & McQuade prize;
- Canadian Musician prize; and
- One (1) Professional ‘journey’ highlight video to be produced by CMW; capturing all live related CMW/INDIES event content while in Toronto.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTICIPATING NATIONAL SPONSORS:
The Jim Beam® Virtual Talent Search registration is now closed. Please stay tuned for next year's band submissions.